Use wholewheat flour for a good tasty muffin that’ll do you for breakfast or a burst of energy! These are also just as nice with a lovely hot cup of tea while the weather cools off outside. Get snuggly!
Banana Peanut Butter Maple Oatmeal Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 cups plain wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole chunky oats
- 4 mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup whole peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 350°F.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oats. Whisk together well.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas until they are good and squished. Mix in the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the soy milk and lemon juice; ideally, let the lemon juice sit in the soy milk for a few minutes before adding to the wet mixture so that it has a chance to curdle slightly.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet until fully mixed. The batter will be thick! Spoon it evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.