This dreamy breakfast dish takes wild dandelions from nature and brings them to the kitchen table. Dandelions are folded delicately into pancakes, along with bananas, coconut oil, and creamy non--dairy milk. Serve this sweet dish with assorted fruits, compotes, flowers, or syrups!
Banana Dandelion Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus 1 tablespoon room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup dandelion flowers
- Peel and mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the green bud of the dandelion flowers to separate the yellow petals.
- Add non-dairy milk and melted coconut oil to the bowl of mashed bananas.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, and oat flour into the bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Fold in dandelion flowers. The batter will be quite thick.
- Add room temperature coconut oil to a pan and bring up to medium-high heat.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of batter at a time, adding to the hot pan, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Spread out the batter quickly into a thin layer with a spatula to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Flip when small bubbles begin to form throughout the pancake and the sides begin to change color
- Keep warm in the oven until all the batter has been used.