This dreamy breakfast dish takes wild dandelions from nature and brings them to the kitchen table. Dandelions are folded delicately into pancakes, along with bananas, coconut oil, and creamy non--dairy milk. Serve this sweet dish with assorted fruits, compotes, flowers, or syrups!
Banana Dandelion Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus 1 tablespoon room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup dandelion flowers
- Peel and mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the green bud of the dandelion flowers to separate the yellow petals.
- Add non-dairy milk and melted coconut oil to the bowl of mashed bananas.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, and oat flour into the bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Fold in dandelion flowers. The batter will be quite thick.
- Add room temperature coconut oil to a pan and bring up to medium-high heat.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of batter at a time, adding to the hot pan, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Spread out the batter quickly into a thin layer with a spatula to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Flip when small bubbles begin to form throughout the pancake and the sides begin to change color
- Keep warm in the oven until all the batter has been used.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This is the first time I’ve ever made dandelion anything! These were delicious and the hints of floral coming through the dandelions really added something extra! The recipe was a little thinner than I anticipated but my bananas were also large so I think my proportions were a bit off. Overall delicious!