This granola is the granola of your tropical dreams. Bananas, toasted coconut, roasted cashews, maple syrup. Think tropical banana bread but in granola form. This homemade healthy Banana Coconut Cashew Granola is crunchy, tropical, and completely addicting – made with just a few healthy ingredients!
Banana Coconut Cashew Granola [Vegan]
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large extra ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cashews, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar over medium-low heat. Once coconut oil melts, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat/cashew mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and gently stir in coconut flakes and banana chips. Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store granola in an air tight container.