These banana bread cake pops are an innovative, bite-sized twist on the classic dessert. These decadent treats are made with soft banana bread dough that's filled with crunchy walnuts and coated with a delightful chocolate shell.
Banana Bread Cake Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or a gluten-free flour alternative)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a small cake tin with coconut oil.
- For the banana bread, place the ripe banana into a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and whisk them together.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- Let the cake cool down for 5-10 minutes and start breaking it apart.
- Take a small portion of the bread and roll it in your hands to form little balls.
- Once you have rolled the whole bread into balls, place a skewer into each ball.
- Melt your vegan dark chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer until they're firm.