Tender baked potatoes filled with tomato sauce, bubbling cheese, and savory pepperoni...is there anything better? These baked potato pizzas have the delicious (and nutritious) potato skin left on and are topped with oregano. Hearty and delicious!
Baked Potato Pizzas [Vegan]
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8-ounce jar of tomato sauce
- 3-ounce jar of tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 dried oregano plus fresh oregano, for garnish (optional)
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan pepperoni (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° F.
- Scrub the potatoes with a brush and water, and pat dry. Use a fork and stab about 6-8 times, all around potato, making fairly deep holes.
- Place all the potatoes in a large bowl, pour some oil on top, and then some salt. Use your hands and massage the potatoes spreading the oil and salt all over the skins.
- Put the potatoes directly on an oven rack in middle of oven. Make sure it's a rack and not a solid tray or sheet. Place the tray under the rack, in the lower half of the oven to keep any oil from dripping onto the oven and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the pizza sauce. In a small bowl, mix the tomato sauce, paste, garlic, and oregano.
- Remove the potatoes and carefully cut each in half. Turn all the halves skin side down. Cover with sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice and bake for approximately 10-15 more minutes. Remove and garnish with fresh oregano.
- Potato Recipes