This is a tasty, vegan version of the German comfort food, baked noodles. This recipe provides the perfect base for your backed noodles and after your first time through, you can start to get creative with your ingredients. Plus, baked noodles are super easy to make.
Baked Noodles With Vegetables [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 1 8-ounce package of spaghetti, cooked
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 4 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4/5 cup non-fairy milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Chili, to taste,
- Pepper, to taste
For the Vegetable Topping:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, cut into very fine pieces
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cut into very fine pieces
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles according their instructions, but take them out a minute or two before you should.
- For the sauce, add your starch, flax seed, turmeric, and paprika to a small bowl.
- Then add the milk, the water, and the oil and stir the mixture with a whisk until it is lump-free and. Season it with your salt, chili, and pepper.
- Toss the noodles in the mixture and then from them into five even nest-shaped piles on a baking sheet.
- To start the vegetable topping, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, dried tomatoes, turmeric, salt, and pepper and then cook it all for a few minutes.
- Now spread the vegetable topping and the cherry tomatoes over the tops of the noodles and bake everything in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it cool down briefly. Then, top the noodles with fresh basil leaves and serve.