You have to try these fries! They're creamy and soft on the inside, yet crisp and crunchy on the outside. Yum. Plus, unlike regular fries, which can only be flavored on the outside, the flavor for these come from within. So season with your favorite spices, grab some vegan sour cream for dipping, and dig in!
Baked Mashed Potato Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large Russet potato, cooked soft
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons oil, to brush
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil.
- Mash the cooked potatoes until there are almost no lumps.
- Stir in all the ingredients (except the oil) until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Transfer the mashed potato into a large piping bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off. Pipe the potatoes in long lines onto the prepared baking tray.
- Lightly brush with oil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes until slightly browned on the edges and crisp.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.