What happens when you combine spicy Buffalo sauce flavors? Something amazing. These baked falafels are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and wonderfully spicy! Serve these on a bed of steamed rice, on salads, or with hummus.
Baked Buffalo Falafel [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup curly parsley, removed from stems
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-3 tablespoons oat flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add chickpeas, parsley, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, and extra virgin olive oil to a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Mix in oat flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is dry enough that can easily be shaped into patties. At this point, taste your mixture, and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Form mixture into 8 falafels, and place directly on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the falafel are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove from oven and allow the falafel to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Serve.