This baked squash with nut free spinach pesto is such a lovely autumnal dish, as there are lots of squashes and pumpkins around at the moment! The roasted little squashes are great on their own, and would be delicious with a big salad or mashed potatoes or cauliflower for a really comforting and warming meal. Plus, because the pesto is nut-free, this is a dish that everyone can enjoy.
Baked Acorn Squash With Nut-Free Spinach Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Acorn Squash With Nut-Free Spinach Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 acorn squashes or munchkin pumpkins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Pesto:
- 3 big handfuls spinach
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sauerkraut, slaw, nuts and seeds
How to Prepare Baked Acorn Squash With Nut-Free Spinach Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop the squashes in half and remove the seeds. Rub with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray then bake on a medium heat for approximately 40 minutes until tender.
- To make the pesto add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth.
- When the squashes are cooked remove from the oven and top with the pesto and any other toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.