This baked squash with nut free spinach pesto is such a lovely autumnal dish, as there are lots of squashes and pumpkins around at the moment! The roasted little squashes are great on their own, and would be delicious with a big salad or mashed potatoes or cauliflower for a really comforting and warming meal. Plus, because the pesto is nut-free, this is a dish that everyone can enjoy.
Baked Acorn Squash With Nut-Free Spinach Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 acorn squashes or munchkin pumpkins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 big handfuls spinach
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sauerkraut, slaw, nuts and seeds
- Chop the squashes in half and remove the seeds. Rub with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray then bake on a medium heat for approximately 40 minutes until tender.
- To make the pesto add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth.
- When the squashes are cooked remove from the oven and top with the pesto and any other toppings.