This festive twist on the traditionally Jewish sweet bread is not only gorgeous – it's delicious too. This babka makes the perfect addition to a decadent brunch or it can be served alongside a piping hot cup of coffee or tea.
5-Ingredient Babka Wreath [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- Remove the pits from all of your dates and add them into a saucepan with a little bit of water; about 1/3 cup.
- Heat them on medium heat and stir them until they dates start to dissolve and form a thick cream.
- Now chop up the chocolate and add it to the date cream.
- Stir this until the chocolate has melted and a thick chocolate cream has formed.
- Roll out the pizza dough, spread the chocolate cream all over it, then roll it back up.
- Cut the roll lengthwise through the middle.
- With the open 'seams' facing upwards, twist both pieces and the form a round wreath.
- Brush this with some non-dairy milk and then transfer into the oven for about 15 mins.
- Serve it with your favorite fruit on top.