This beautiful avocado pomegranate salad with a creamy dressing is not only incredibly fresh and colorful, but will also surprise you with the variety of flavors it contains! The combination of avocado, sweet potato, and pomegranate is just perfect. Did you know that pomegranates are amongst the healthiest fruits on this planet? They are loaded with important nutrients like fiber, protein, vitamin C and K, folate, and potassium. It also has quite impressive anti-inflammatory effects. Numerous studies have shown that the extract of pomegranates can even slow down cancer cell production.
Avocado Pomegranate Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 head of lettuce, cut
- 1 can of kidney beans (or black beans), rinsed
- 3 small sweet potatoes, diced
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, cut
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 apple
- juice of 1 orange
- Dice the sweet potato and steam/ boil until slightly soft (not too soft as it will get mushy in the salad).
- Prepare the rest of the veggies and fruits as instructed.
- Place all the ingredients in a big salad bowl and combine.
- For the dressing, place the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and combine.