Waking up in the morning can feel like a chore. This oatmeal bake will have you jumping out of bed in the morning. The warm, caramel flavor of persimmons complement the sweet honey-like taste of figs so well in this autumn-inspired oatmeal dish!
Autumn Oatmeal Breakfast Bake With Figs and Persimmons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Autumn Oatmeal Breakfast Bake With Figs and Persimmons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 persimmons, chopped
- 4 figs, chopped
How To Make Autumn Oatmeal Breakfast Bake With Figs and Persimmons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water to make flax eggs and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine oats, sugar, pecans, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine milk, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl until well mixed. Mix in flax egg. Add to oat mixture and mix well. Fold in persimmons and figs and mix until just combined.
- Put into square baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, until browning on edges. Best served fresh, but can be warmed again the next day. If it gets too dry, reheat with a splash of milk.
You can use regular oats if gluten isn’t a concern. You can also sub brown sugar if you don’t mind using refined sugar, along with subbing whatever milk you drink. The original recipe called for coconut oil, so that could be used instead of the grapeseed, or you can take the oil out altogether. If you do, it may not get as browned along the edges and be a tad stickier.
Oh my gosh I love Autumn!!