Lobster roll is a popular sandwich in New England that consists of a mayo-based filling in a soft, toasted, and buttered bun. This classic sandwich is easily veganized using artichoke hearts, vegan mayonnaise, and a touch of dulse seaweed flakes. Transport yourself to Maine with this delicious comfort food sammie!
Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 12-ounce jars of artichoke hearts or pieces, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon dulse seaweed
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Soft hot dog buns, toasted and buttered
How to Prepare Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll [Vegan]
- Heat the oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Add the artichokes, dulse, and Old Bay. Cook, stirring as needed, until golden brown and lightly charred, about 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Remove and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the celery, parsley, lemon, salt, black pepper, and mayonnaise to the bowl. Combine gently, taste, and adjust with salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Serve the filling in the toasted, buttered buns.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.