Every time I have artichokes that need to be eaten, I think of spinach and artichoke dip. It’s a classic at almost any get together, and it’s cheesy, gooey, goodness is a hit with everyone. I had a craving for my favorite vegan version last month and just knew I had to somehow make a meal that was just as heavenly. The lemon cashew cream makes this risotto extra rich, super creamy, and just bright enough for an easy, yet decadent mid-week lunch.
Artichoke and Spinach Risotto With Lemon Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Artichoke and Spinach Risotto With Lemon Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
How to Prepare Artichoke and Spinach Risotto With Lemon Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat vegan butter and oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add snap peas and rice. Let rice start to toast and brown slightly. Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Add stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often, until all is absorbed and rice is cooked. About halfway through cooking, add artichoke hearts and spinach so they cook into the rice slightly.
- Combine cashews, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup broth in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once rice is done, add cashew cream, slowly stirring it in. Add sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Let simmer to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1460 | Total Carbs: 199 g | Total Fat: 157 g | Total Protein: 41 g | Total Sodium: 4836 g | Total Sugar: 22 g Per Serving: Calories: 365 | Carbs: 50 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 1215 mg | Sugar:6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.