One of the many recipe results is this gorgeous 4-ingredients Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse! This has got to be my new favorite dessert! It’s perfect – just in time for the holiday but also really just anytime of the year! This delicious fluffy dessert is not only completely vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and refined sugar-free but also super easy to make! All you’ll need is 3-4 basic ingredients and you’re ready to got!
Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from canned unsalted chickpeas), chilled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract (optional)
- 2/3 cups vegan dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- Place a sieve over a medium sized glass bowl and drain your canned chickpeas. Measure 1/2 cup of aquafaba and place it into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate in a water bath and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Take the bowl with aquafaba out of the fridge and use a stand or electric hand mixer to beat the aquafaba on high until stiff peaks form. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes (good thing: you can’t over beat aquafaba so better do it a bit longer).
- Add in the maple syrup and coffee extract and continue beating for another 1-2 minutes. You know it’s done when you turn the bowl upside down and the aquafaba stays in place.
- Pour the cooled down melted chocolate into your aquafaba mix and carefully use a spatula to combine (don’t use the mixer or you’ll loose all the fluffiness).
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into 4 small serving bowls and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour (for extra firm results better 3-4 hours).
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings and berries and serve!