One of the many recipe results is this gorgeous 4-ingredients Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse! This has got to be my new favorite dessert! It’s perfect – just in time for the holiday but also really just anytime of the year! This delicious fluffy dessert is not only completely vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and refined sugar-free but also super easy to make! All you’ll need is 3-4 basic ingredients and you’re ready to got!
Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from canned unsalted chickpeas), chilled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract (optional)
- 2/3 cups vegan dark chocolate (70% cacao)
How to Prepare Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse [Vegan]
- Place a sieve over a medium sized glass bowl and drain your canned chickpeas. Measure 1/2 cup of aquafaba and place it into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate in a water bath and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Take the bowl with aquafaba out of the fridge and use a stand or electric hand mixer to beat the aquafaba on high until stiff peaks form. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes (good thing: you can’t over beat aquafaba so better do it a bit longer).
- Add in the maple syrup and coffee extract and continue beating for another 1-2 minutes. You know it’s done when you turn the bowl upside down and the aquafaba stays in place.
- Pour the cooled down melted chocolate into your aquafaba mix and carefully use a spatula to combine (don’t use the mixer or you’ll loose all the fluffiness).
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into 4 small serving bowls and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour (for extra firm results better 3-4 hours).
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings and berries and serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.