It only takes TWO ingredients and a few minutes and you have these amazing, vegan Apricot Energy Balls! They have a lovely smooth texture and taste amazing. The recipe also only calls for 2 ingredients! Just blend dried apricots and coconut, roll into balls, and cover with more coconut! That's it. These apricot energy balls are such an easy and healthy snack––try them out!
Apricot Energy Balls [Vegan]
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of “soft and juicy Mediterranean” dried apricots
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- An additional ¼ cup of desiccated coconut
- Blend the first 2 ingredients in a food processor, until they are combined and smooth in texture.
- Place the additional 1/4 cup of coconut onto a tray.
- Roll the apricot mixture into balls, about a heaped teaspoon per ball. Place the balls onto the tray where you put the additional coconut. Shake the tray back and forth until all the balls are covered in coconut.
- Serve straight away or place the apricot balls into an air-tight container and refrigerate.
If you can’t find “super juicy apricots" which are much stickier than normal apricots, just add a little pure maple syrup when you blend the apricots and coconut together. You may also need to coat the balls in a little water when you roll them in the additional coconut.