A bowl of oatmeal topped with fruit is a pretty solid breakfast option. But if you're getting tired of the same old, consider giving this breakfast bake a try! Diced apples, raspberries, and maple syrup are swirled together and then topped with a thick, crumbly layer of quinoa, rolled oats, walnuts, and oat flour. After 30 minutes in the oven, you will have a warm, cozy, and sweet casserole that is perfect for when you're craving a sweet breakfast or can even be topped with a scoop of vanilla vegan ice cream for a yummy post-dinner treat.
Apple Raspberry Breakfast Bake [Vegan]
- 4 1/2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 teaspoons oat flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and dice apples.
- Fill large stock pot with water and bring to boil. Blanch diced apples for 45-60 seconds, drain from water and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, cooked quinoa, oat or almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground cloves. Mix well.
- Fold in raspberries and place into a 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- Place 1 cup rolled into the mixing bowl, add remaining applesauce, maple, and walnuts and mix. You can also add a dash or two of cinnamon for topping as well.
- Before covering fruit filling with oats and nuts, squeeze juice from lemon evenly over the top.
- Spoon out the oats and nuts evenly over the crumble and press down to evenly cover top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top layer is golden brown and fruit layer is slightly bubbly.
- Let cool and serve.