These apple pie bars are the perfect sweet treat! They can easily be taken on-the-go and are wonderful to make when you don't feel like turning on your oven!
Apple Pie Bars [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup of dried apple chips
- 1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 10-20 fresh dates *
- Start by mixing the apple chips into small pieces in a mixer.
- Then have all the ingredients except the dates. Mix to smaller pieces but not too long. It's good with a little crunch, so be careful not to mix everything into flour.
- Hold the dates a few at a time and mix until a dough is formed.
- Lay the “dough” on a baking sheet paper approximately 1 cm thick. Flatten and even out the surface, place in the freezer 10-20 minutes if necessary before cutting up the bar.
- Take out from the freezer and cut away the edges to get to the stylish bars. Then cut up the bars to a size you prefer.
* The reason why the amount of dates varies so much is because the quality of dates can vary. If the dates are very fresh and juicy, less is needed than if they are dry and a little less sweet and juicy.