Apple Cinnamon Buckwheat porridge is an easy and delicious warm breakfast, perfect for meal prep. This recipe is vegan & gluten-free.
Apple Cinnamon Buckwheat Porridge [Vegan]
For the Oatmeal:
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups soy milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 sour apple
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 4 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon roasted hazelnuts
- Wash buckwheat groats under running water and drain.
- Bring plant-based milk to a boil, season lightly with salt, and add buckwheat groats. Add cinnamon to taste, vanilla extract, and a grated sour apple.
- Cook on low heat according to package instructions, about 8 minutes, then cut the heat and let the buckwheat rest in a covered pot for another 10 minutes until all the liquid has been soaked.
- Serve the buckwheat porridge immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Before serving, add a tablespoon of coconut yogurt, drizzle with almond butter, and top with diced apple and roasted hazelnuts.