This raw blueberry cheesecake is sweet, dense, and decadent. The cheesecake is a mixture of cashews, cocoa butter, and hemp seeds, set atop a walnut-date crust, and then topped with a tart blueberry topping. In addition to being delicious, it's gorgeous!
Almost Raw Blueberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 5 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fruit-only blueberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the blueberries, preserves, and lemon juice into a saucepan and simmer until hot.
- Mix the tapioca with the water so you have a slurry and slowly pour into the mixture, stirring gently until it thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture forms a sticky mass that holds together when you pinch it.
- Line a 6-inch spring-form pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Press the crust dough into the pan and push it up the sides a bit, as evenly as possible.
- Melt the cocoa butter on the stove top on low, whisking continuously. Heat until just melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the filling ingredients, including the melted cocoa butter, to a blender and blend until smooth. Add small amounts of water if needed to get a smooth texture, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Pour over the crust and place in the freezer to set for about 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the freezer, spoon the topping over it and place back into the freezer. Freeze overnight to set.
- Remove cake from freezer and remove it carefully from the spring-form pan. Wait about 30 minutes for it to soften. Serve.