These Almond infused vegan pancakes are topped with a tart homemade berry syrup. The pancakes are flavored with a bit of almond extract, which complements the tart berries perfectly. They are a great breakfast and come together in less than 30 minutes.
Almond Pancakes with Berry Syrup [Vegan]
For the Pancakes:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds plus 3 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
For the Syrup:
- Berries of choice
- Maple Syrup to taste
- Start by preparing your flax egg by combining flaxseed with water and letting it sit for about 3 minutes until thicker and somewhat gelatinous.
- While the flax egg is sitting, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flax egg, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the dry ingredients. Whisk until it forms a thin batter.
- Scoop batter onto a preheated griddle or stovetop and cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until both sides are slightly browned. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Add your berries of choice and maple syrup to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make the berry syrup. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the berries are easily mashable.
- Use a fork to mash into a thick syrup. Pour on top of pancakes and enjoy!