Almond milk contains no cholesterol or lactose and due to its nutritional content, it is the best alternative for those who have an intolerance to dairy products or soy products. Almond milk also contains calcium, which is required for maintaining and forming teeth and healthy bones.
Almond Milk [Vegan]
- 1 cup of soaked/activated almonds
- 3 1/2 cups of filtered water (depending on how milky you want it)
- 10 drops of vanilla extract or 1 scraped vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon Agave nectar/2-4 medjool dates/6-8 drops of stevia
- Pinch of pink Himilayan roack salt
- Muslin cloth or nut milk bag
- Soak your almonds in clean filtered water the night before, and rinse thoroughly before using.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. It’s quite important to have a high powered blender, to ensure the almonds are totally broken down.
- Put the blender on the smoothie setting, or blitz until all almonds have been thoroughly blended.
- Place a muslin cloth over a deep bowl, and pour the mixture into it, being careful not to let the sides slip down.
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to let the almond pulp fall to the bottom. Strain thoroughly. Remove almond pulp from the muslin cloth and freeze for future delicious creations.
- Pour the almond milk into a glass bottle and refrigerate. This milk can keep in the fridge for 3-4 days (if it lasts that long).
- Simple and so incredibly tasty. With hot beverages, breakfasts or on it’s own.