These cookies are pretty similar to a handful of granola, except you'll find them to be a simpler on-the-go breakfast than the latter. This is the perfect healthy, yummy, grab and go breakfast for you, your kids, really anyone! Try it out!
Almond Lemon Poppy Breakfast Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax and almond milk.
- In a separate large bowl, combine oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds and sea salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add almond butter, vanilla, lemon zest, and flax mixture. Stir until combined.
- Scoop 9 cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden.