These vegan almond crescent cookies scream holiday spirit. They are made from a mixture of healthy, grain-free flavors and simple baking ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. Sprinkle on some powdered sugar and these cookies look as if they were just beautifully coated in snow.
Almond Crescent Cookies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup potato or tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour or cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons gluten-free almond extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- You can make these rustic by shaping them (one tablespoon at a time) by hand into crescent moon shapes.
- For a fancier version, roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into crescent moon shapes (or other desired shape) with a cookie cutter.
- Place them onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Coat with optional powdered sugar, or serve as is.