These cookies are made with nutritious ingredients, such as almond flour, oats, almond butter and flax seeds. You also have the option to add chopped almonds and chocolate chips for more crunch and sweetness.
Almond Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour, spoon and leveled
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped or sliced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground flax seeds and water. Let it sit until it thickens to form your flax "egg".
- In another medium bowl, stir together the oats, almond flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate and almonds. Set aside.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla to your same bowl containing the flax egg. Mix until a thick and smooth mixture forms.
- Transfer the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined. The cookie batter should be thick.
- Scoop the mixture to the prepared baking sheet, forming 8 cookies. With lightly wet hands, flatten them slightly (see pictures).
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before eating. They will be delicate when warm.