Such a simple and yummy snack. So filling too!
Almond and Date Shortbread [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup fresh dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Soak nuts in 2 cups of filtered water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a minimum of two hours/up to six hours. Then rinse thoroughly with fresh water. This will increase the digestibility of the nuts and remove any moulds and mycotoxins.
- Preheat oven to 360ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roast nuts for 10 - 15 minutes until dry and crunchy. Remove and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed food processor until you have a fine cumbly dough.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour crumbly mixture. Top with another sheet of parchment paper. Press down with a wooden board until the surface of the dough is even.