This fragrant and floral panna cotta ("cooked cream") is so luscious! A generous topping of juicy cooked pear makes this a perfectly decadent autumn dessert.
Almond and Chamomile Panna Cotta [Vegan]
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1/3 cup chamomile flowers
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 1 little pear
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and scraped
- First of all, soak chamomile flowers in the almond milk overnight or for one day, then filter.
- Dissolve agar agar powder in a few teaspoons of chamomile-almond milk, then put all milk and agar agar in a pot with the maple syrup and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes to activate the agar. Divide the liquid in four glasses and let cool until firm.
- Chop a pear and cook it in a pan with vanilla pod and sugar, at low flame and covered. It will need about five minutes until the pear is tender and some juice is released. Top each panna cotta with some pear dices and some juice. Serve immediately or reserve in fridge.
The almond milk is 1 cup of almonds soaked overnight, then blended with 4 cups of fresh water and strained. For a creamier result, make a concentrated milk using 1 cup of almonds and only 2 of water