Adobong mani is a Filipino street food that is considered to be a major source of nutrients and energy. Not only is it irresistibly delicious, but super simple to make too! You only need 15 minutes and 4 easy to access ingredients to cook up this salty peanut snack.
Adobong Mani: Filipino Garlic Fried Peanuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 pounds peanuts, with or without skin
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Peel all the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. When the oil is hot, over medium-high heat, dip the garlic cloves and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Fry the peanuts over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Drain the peanuts in a sieve and season with salt.