Entertaining just got easier thanks to this artichoke oregano spread that only requires five ingredients plus some salt and pepper. It is perfectly creamy and herby, making it the perfect accompaniment to your favorite crackers or vegetable crudité.
5-Ingredient Artichoke Oregano Spread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 5 artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 twigs-worth of fresh oregano leaves
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the artichokes, cut off their stems and remove all loose leaves.
- Put the artichokes in a large pot and fill with water.
- Add 1/2 of a quartered lemon, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down and cook for 1 hour.
- Take out the artichokes and remove their leaves. You can eat the white part.
- When almost all the leaves are removed, or the bottoms diameter sticks out, hold the remaining leaves with one hand, the bottom with the other, and gently but firmly separate them from one another.
- Then remove the hair by hand or teaspoon and make sure no hairs are left on the artichoke bottom.
- Put in the blender the artichoke bottoms, garlic cloves, juice of the remaining 1/2 lemon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, and blend.
- After 1-2 minutes the spread is done.