Great Value Plant-Based Cheese Shreds are made without added proteins, allergens and are budget-friendly. The item comes in three flavors, Mozzarella, Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheddar blend. YUM!
Transparency Market Research shared, “Global Vegan Cheese Market will chart a Compound Annual Growth Rate of about 10% from 2020 to 2030. This will drive the market worth up to USD 7 billion (approximately) by the end of the stated period. It is a notable increase from 2020 worth of USD 2.5 billion.”
The cheeses are dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, and vegetarian. It’s unclear who is making the shreds for Walmart to sell under their label, but GoDairyFree.org shared they taste similar to Violife and Good Planet plant-based options.
They’re priced at $3.97 per 8-ounce package. Learn more about leading dairy companies like Dean Foods and Borden Dairy that have filed for bankruptcy due to declining dairy sales. Even Nestle sold its ice-cream business!
Here are some amazing recipes for homemade vegan cheeses, yogurts, and butters:
- 15 Dairy-Free Cheeses for Your Favorite Sandwich, Pizza, or Pasta!
- 10 Incredible Italian Dairy-Free Cheeses!
- 19 Vegan Cheeses That Will Knock Your Socks Off
- 19 Dairy-Free and Nut-Free Cheeses You Can Make at Home!
- 7 Butters That You Can Easily Make at Home
- 15 Recipes That Prove Homemade Vegan Butter is Awesome!
- 15 Creamy and Delicious Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Recipes!
- 15 Delicious Ways To Enjoy Homemade Dairy-Free Yogurt!
- 15 Tasty Recipes with Vegan Sour Cream
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!