These white chocolate squares get their pale green color from matcha powder and their sweetness from stevia, making them a sweet treat that's low in sugar. Baobab powder, matcha and the cacao butter all make them a superfood dessert, but feel free to play around with adding your own superfood options. Try adding toppings, too, like chewy goji berries and crunchy cacao nibs, to play with taste as well as texture.
Superfood White Chocolate Squares [Vegan]
- 2.5 ounces cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/8 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baobab powder
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened raw desiccated coconut
- Add the cacao butter and coconut oil to the top pan of a double-boiler and heat slowly, until completely melted and liquid.
- Still over the heat, add in the vanilla, stevia, and matcha, and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring until everything is dissolved. Add in the coconut and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into chocolate moulds, or into a rectangular loaf pan and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- After 45 minutes to an hour, remove from the refrigerator and cut into square if desired or pop out of the moulds. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.