Winter squash are great sources of vitamin A, antioxidants and fibre. They also have blood sugar regulating and anti-inflammatory properties. Raw cashew nuts make an excellent creamy plant based alfredo sauce and nutritional yeast makes for a nice cheesy flavor with a dose of protein and B vitamins.
Spaghetti Squash With Alfredo Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spaghetti Squash With Alfredo Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 15 shiitake or cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt + sprinkle
- Black pepper Raw Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ lemon, juiced + ½ tsp zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp kelp powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash With Alfredo Sauce [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds with a soup spoon. Place squash cut side down in the baking with and add about 2 centimeters of water. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Clean and trim mushrooms, then chop roughly. On a baking sheet mix cherry tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take tomatoes, mushrooms and squash out of the oven. Turn squash cut side up, sprinkle with a dash of sea salt and olive oil and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When squash is ready, use a fork to scrape out squash into a serving dish.
- To make alfredo sauce, drain and rinse nuts in the sieve. Add all ingredients into a blender and buzz until smooth.
- Mix all ingredients and serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.