A salad that's vegan and gluten-free, worthy of any picnic or cookout!
Quinoa Salad with ‘Caesar Dressing’ [Vegan]
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens such
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 tsp. organic miso
- 1/4 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add more water, if necessary.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa, dried cherries, scallions and mixed greens; gently toss with Caesar dressing to coat.
- Serve chilled.