My favorite part about spring is the brightness of the colors: the intense greens and the super-blue blues. It's as if everything looks more vibrant in the strong light. And I can't think of a better way to do celebrate spring than with this bright green mint chutney. The mint fills the kitchen with its energizing scent as you're making it and all you can think about is how great it will taste on fruit or sandwiches or even a spoon. When it's finally done, it's sweet with just the right amount of cool after punch--not to strong but just enough to leave you wanting more.
Mint Chutney [Vegan]
- 1-2 bunches mint leaves
- 2 small cooking onions, roughly chopped
- A small spoonful of tamarind paste
- 10-12 drops Stevia extract + a pinch or two of sugar
- A pinch or two of salt and pepper
- Pick all the leaves off the mint and wash well.
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until desired texture. I like mine with little bits of mint and onion, but you can process until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least a few hours or, even better, overnight.
- Serve with fruit, toast or anything else you can think of!