This is a great hearty soup with a kick. If you want to cut down on the heat, you can leave out the red pepper flakes. But I have to say, if you like a bit of spice, you'll love this soup! It's definitely one of my favorites to date.
Curry Chick’n and Gnocchi Soup [Vegan]
- 5 vegan chicken strips
- 17.5 oz mini potato gnocchi
- 3 cups baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 large onions, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 Tblsp vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- In a hot skillet, melt the vegan butter, and then saute the vegan chicken until golden brown. To flavor the cutlets, squeeze a little lemon juice and sprinkle a dash of black pepper over them while cooking. Once they're done, chop them up and set aside while you prepare the rest of the soup.
- In a large stock pot, saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat. Let them cook down for a few minutes and begin to brown.
- Next, add the carrots and sweet potatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegan chicken, drained tomatoes with chilies, cardamom, curry powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Stir well and let flavors combine a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and let soup simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- When you're ready to eat, add the package of gnocchi. It only takes a couple minutes to cook. Once they rise to the surface, they're ready!
- Last but not least, add a Tblsp of lemon juice, to brighten up the soup a bit!
- Serve up with a slice of toasted bread and If you want, you can top with a a bit of black pepper and sprinkling of nutritional yeast!
- Seitan (Plant Protein)