To get in shape for her new role as mighty Jane Foster in Thor: Love and Thunder, Natalie Portman ate a lot of lentils and drank ‘A LOT’ of vegan protein shakes.
In an interview with Extra, Portman talks about how she got in shape for her new role. She talks about how empowering it was to play a role as a woman where she was told to eat as much as possible.
“Women…are usually asked to get as small as possible; to almost disappear. To be asked to get as big as possible, eat as much as you can, lift as much as you can. A pretty wild, possibly once-in-a-lifetime request.”
She spoke about how during filming, there were times when asparagus was in every single meal of the day. After talking to Thompson, she explained that she requested this as asparagus helps decrease water weight, which helps muscled look defined and popped on the screen. She received a lot of advice from her co-stars, Thompson and Hemsworth, about nutrition and recovery, such as ice baths and saunas.
Portman is glad to see so many “strong female leads” in this film and feels that so many strong female leads with different powers, personalities, and styles is a great gift for children growing up watching these movies.
Portman has been a vegetarian since she was nine and went vegan in 2011. She regularly uses her platform to help animals. Recently, she funded a company making plant-based bacon and discussed how we can reduce our environmental impact with a vegan diet! Check out Portman’s heartfelt speech about why she’s vegan!
Check out these vegan protein shake recipes!
- Superfood Protein Shake [Vegan]
- Vegan Protein Chocolate Shake [Vegan]
- Banana Almond Butter Superfood Shake [Vegan]
- How to Make Your Own Protein Powder [Vegan]
- Vanilla Lucuma Buckwheat Shake [Vegan]
- Natalie Portman Funds Company Making Plant-Based Bacon
- YES! Natalie Portman Discusses How We Can Reduce Our Environmental Impact With a Vegan Diet on Colbert
- Watch Natalie Portman’s Heartfelt Speech About Why She’s Vegan
- ‘Eating Animals’ Documentary Narrated by Natalie Portman Gets Standing Ovation at Telluride
- Make Natalie Portman’s Favorite Vegan Dishes at Home!
- Natalie Portman Planning Documentary Around the Book’ Eating Animals’
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.