Imagine waking up to the peaceful sounds of nature, sipping herbal tea, and indulging in healthy vegan meals while surrounded by lush greenery. This dream became a reality for Christina Ajith and her mother, Anitha, who transformed their once-booming dairy farm into The Lilac Farm, a vegan farm-to-table retreat near Somashettyhalli in Bengaluru.
Inspired by Christina’s life-altering Lupus diagnosis, the mother-daughter duo embraced veganism and adopted a more natural lifestyle. At The Lilac Farm, they cultivate a variety of fruits, vegetables, and flowers on their 13-acre property, using only natural farming techniques. Their goal is to promote veganism, natural farming, and healthy living in a tranquil setting away from the city’s chaos.
Guests at The Lilac Farm can immerse themselves in activities like farming, mud baths, and stargazing from the deck, all while enjoying wholesome, homegrown vegan meals. The retreat also hosts health and yoga retreats, corporate outings, school trips, and even zero-plastic, sustainable vegan birthday parties. They are looking to expand into sustainable weddings soon.
The journey to veganism wasn’t easy for the family, who initially struggled with the idea of giving up their beloved non-vegetarian food. However, they eventually embraced the environmental and moral benefits of their new lifestyle. Anitha, who hails from a family of farmers, saw The Lilac Farm as an opportunity to provide her children with the natural and healthy life she always desired for them.
The Lilac Farm is not just an idyllic escape; it’s a living example of sustainable practices. From upcycling cow sheds into guest rooms with secondhand materials to using farm-grown flowers and leaves for decorations, the farm showcases an eco-friendly way of life.
The mother-daughter team has hosted nearly 1,000 guests since opening in 2021, with prices starting at Rs 2,000 for a double room, including meals. They aim to promote veganism and natural living to as many people as possible, helping others realize that many Indian cuisines are vegan-friendly when ghee is removed.
So, if you’re looking for a break from the daily grind and want to reconnect with nature and explore the benefits of veganism, The Lilac Farm is waiting for you! Let this extraordinary retreat inspire you to live in harmony with the environment and make healthier, more sustainable choices. Book your stay today and experience the magic of The Lilac Farm for yourself!
- How to Make Vegan Sushi at Home
- 6 Tips to Help You Stick to a Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- Can Bodybuilders Thrive on a Vegan Diet? New Study Says Yes
- Basketball Star, Michael Porter Jr. Is Enjoying A Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- Vegan Life Hacks: 5 Easy Tips to Live Vegan Right Now
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.