Buckingham Palace recently posted a job advertisement for a unique position that’s creating quite a buzz: King Charles is looking to hire a live-in sous chef with expertise in vegan cuisine. The new addition to the royal kitchen will work alongside the head chef to prepare delicious meals for the royals, their staff, and guests.
King Charles has adopted a part-vegan diet, going meat and dairy-free one day a week, while also opting for a vegetarian diet twice a week. This shift in eating habits reflects the monarch’s environmental concerns and commitment to sustainable living.
The job listing, obtained by Jam Press, emphasizes that this position “is truly like no other.” The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled chef with experience at a senior level in a fine dining or five-star catering operation. They will be responsible for motivating and inspiring the kitchen team, as well as recruiting and training new staff members. In addition, the successful applicant must have good IT skills and an extensive knowledge of classical cuisine and the food industry in general.
As part of the role, the vegan sous chef will be responsible for developing diverse menus and sourcing the finest seasonal ingredients. The position requires a 45-hour work week, spread across five days, and comes with several enticing benefits, including 33 days of vacation time, a 15% employer contribution pension scheme, and meals on duty.
In a 2021 BBC interview, King Charles discussed the significance of our dietary choices, emphasizing the importance of sustainable meat production. He pointed out that grass-fed animals provide better quality protein than those raised on other diets. The monarch is known for eating only two meals a day—breakfast and dinner—with a particular fondness for boiled eggs.
This unique job opportunity at Buckingham Palace highlights the growing interest in plant-based diets and sustainable living, even among the highest echelons of society. It’s a clear signal that the time has come for all of us to reevaluate our eating habits and consider how we can make more environmentally friendly choices.
So, how can you incorporate more sustainable practices into your daily life? Start by exploring plant-based recipes and trying out meatless meals at least once a week. Learn about the environmental impact of various food items and choose more eco-friendly options whenever possible. Support local farmers and businesses that prioritize sustainable practices, and share your knowledge with friends and family to encourage them to make greener choices as well.
By embracing a more sustainable lifestyle, you’ll be in good company—joining the likes of King Charles and countless others who are passionate about protecting our planet. Together, we can create a healthier, more eco-friendly world for future generations.
- King Charles III Redirects $1.2 Billion in Wind Farm Profits to Be Used for Public Good
- Prince Charles Unveils Ambitious ‘Terra Carta’ Project for Companies to Become More Sustainable by 2030
- Prince Charles Speaks Out About Climate Change in New Documentary
- Charles Darwin’s Great Grandson Thinks You Should Ditch Meat to Save the Planet (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.