Cheeseballs are essentially large balls of cheese that can be cooked and eaten whole or decorated with nuts and spices and served raw on a fruit or cheese platter. They work great as appetizers on special occasions and can be served with dips, crackers, chips, and vegetables. Enjoy!
1. Mac Uncheese Balls
Source: Mac Uncheese Balls
2. Extra Sharp Raw Cheddar Cheeseball
Ah, the Holiday Cheeseball. When you’re standing around snacking on it at a family gathering, you feel like you’ve got the most coveted spot in the kitchen. If you take this Extra Sharp Raw Cheddar Cheeseball by Somer McCowan to a potluck, you’d better guard it fiercely so it doesn’t disappear while your back is turned. Luckily, this recipe is straightforward with only about 10 minutes of hands-on time.
3. Sriracha and Lime Cheeseball
Source: Sriracha and Lime Cheeseball
4. Fried Mac and ‘Cheese’ Balls
Source: Fried Mac and ‘Cheese’ Balls
These decadent Fried Mac and ‘Cheese’ Balls by Ashley Hankins are comfort food personified. The creamy, fiery jalapeño mac and cheese is shaped into balls, coated in flour and panko crust, and then fried until the balls become golden-brown orbs of deliciousness. Oh, and they are served with a zesty cheese sauce on the side.
5. #5under5: Spooky Spider Cheddar Cheeseball
This is part of our #5under5 recipe series, a collection of original plant-based recipes that cost less than $5 per serving and can be made with only five ingredients. No way, right?! It’s creepy, it’s crawly, and it’s … cheesy? Oh yes! Beware: it’s the Spooky Spider Cheddar Cheeseball by One Green Planet!
6. Festive Cheeseball
Source: Festive Cheeseball
7. Black Sesame Pretzel-Crusted Cheddar Cheeseball
This is part of our #5under5 recipe series, a collection of original plant-based recipes that cost less than $5 per serving and can be made with only five ingredients. Cheeseballs are always a hit at parties, and who wouldn’t want this Black Sesame-Crusted Cheddar Cheese Ball by One Green Planet at the center of the table? The black sesame seeds contrast so beautifully with the sharp orange cheddar, and the taste is just as tangy, creamy, and cheesy as any dairy cheese you’ll find.
8. Chipotle Potato Balls
Source: Chipotle Potato Balls
These Chipotle Potato Balls by Kirsten Kaminski are crunchy on the outside, with beautifully soft potato dough and melted vegan cheese on the inside! They are just the perfect appetizer or side dish to any main course! You could even make them gluten-free by using a GF flour blend and GF breadcrumbs if you can find those!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.