This cheese is spreadable, making it perfect for holiday appetizer spreads. Serve it alongside crackers and sliced apples and watch it disappear.
Festive Cheeseball [Vegan]
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese shreds, any mild flavour you like
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried chives, or 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Using a food processor, combine the vegan cream cheese, vegan cheese shreds, vegan sour cream, nutritional yeast, chives, mustard powder, onion and garlic powder, cayenne, lemon juice, and salt until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture out onto a large square of plastic wrap and cover.
- Shape into a rough ball, cover with a second square of plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least overnight.
- When ready to serve, mix the pumpkin seeds and cranberries together on a large plate and roll the chilled cheese ball, gently pressing into the seeds and dried fruit, until all of the cheeseball is covered in the mixture. Wrap again to chill until ready to serve.
- All Vegan Cheese