Today is Raspberry Cake Day, and to celebrate the occasion, we’re bringing you a roundup of some of our best raspberry cakes throughout the years. The sweet and tart flavor of raspberries goes well with a variety of desserts, but they seem to shine on cakes. From crepe cakes to mousse cakes to cheesecakes, we’ve got you covered with some of the most amazing raspberry cakes you’ll ever try!
1. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Source: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake
2. Chocolate, Fig, and Raspberry Cake
This easy and delicious Chocolate, Fig, and Raspberry Cake by Pamela Higgins combine figs and raspberries for extra sweetness and a fruit touch. A vegan-friendly bake using flaxseed in place of eggs, the texture is still very spongey, soft, and gooey so is almost like an even better brownie!
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Petite Chocolate Raspberry Cakes
Source: Petite Chocolate Raspberry Cakes
There’s nothing quite as good as having your mini cake. It’s even better when the recipe is quite simple to make. The crust on these Petite Chocolate Raspberry Cakes by Vanessa Croessmann only requires two ingredients. The chocolate filling is fudge-like and melts in your mouth together with the raspberries. Delicious!
4. Lemon Curd Raspberry Cake
Source: Lemon Curd Raspberry Cake
Tangy and sweet, this Lemon Curd Raspberry Cake by Margaux Mouton is the perfect tea accompaniment. Polenta makes up the majority of this cake’s base, and the tofu-based top is creamy and lemony. Lemon curd is also drizzled on top but you can replace it with zesty date syrup or a berry sauce and have an equally magical effect. Best of all, this cake is done in less than an hour from start to finish!
5. Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake
Source: Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake
This is the most fun cake to make! Layers of thin and delicious crepes make up this Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake by Amy Lanza. The crepes are layered with thick vegan cream or yogurt, fresh raspberries, and chopped chocolate.
6. Mini Raspberry Swirl Cakes
Source: Mini Raspberry Swirl Cakes
Sometimes you might feel like you want to have a cake. But you don’t feel like making the whole thing, baking it, and then filling yourself up with a massive sugar dose. These Mini Raspberry Swirl Cakes by Laine Rudolfa are almost raw, low in sugar, fruity, refreshing, and filling. They’re also easy to make because you don’t have to bake them. The freezer will do its job instead. And the beautiful raspberry swirl on the top will make these cakes a hit at any party.
7. Raw Raspberry Licorice Mini Cakes
These delicious and beautiful Raw Raspberry Licorice Mini Cakes by Natalie Yonan combine bright and fruity raspberries with sweet and salty licorice. The filling is given a creamy touch from cashews and is sweetened light with agave nectar. Include this at your next party spread for a colorful touch.
8. White and Dark Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Chia Jam
This combination of creamy double chocolate filling, rich chocolate base, and tangy raspberry jam is just irresistible. The crunchiness of the intensely chocolate base beautifully complements the softness and lightness of the chocolate filling layers, while the raspberry jam adds that gorgeous zing and cuts through the richness of all the chocolate. You might just fall in love with this White and Dark Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Chia Jam by Maja Brekalo.
Reprinted with permission from Bake it Vegan by Maja Brekalo, Page Street Publishing Co. 2021. Photo credit: Maja Brekalo
9. Raspberry Linzer Mousse Cakes
Source: Raspberry Linzer Mousse Cakes
These Raspberry Linzer Mousse Cakes by Gretchen Price contain a thin layer of raspberry jam (as any Linzer cookie should have). A light hazelnut mousse dome encases the fresh raspberry compote. The vegan version of mirror glaze brings it all together with shards of caramelized hazelnuts, this dessert is a showstopper for sure.
10. Chocolate 3-Layer Cake With Raspberry Fudge Icing
This Chocolate 3-Layer Cake With Raspberry Fudge Icing by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD is chocolate on chocolate on chocolate, and in case that’s not enough, it’s covered in chocolate fudge icing because… why not? A whole food, plant-based chocolate 3-layer cake free of refined sugar, dairy, and oil covered in a 4-ingredient raspberry fudge icing.
11. Raspberry and Dragon Fruit Mousse Cake
This Raspberry and Dragon Fruit Mousse Cake by Leno Regushadze is an amazing dessert experience. Melt-in-your-mouth and sweet, with a dark chocolate drizzle, it gets its amazing mousse-like texture from cashews and its flavor from fresh, juicy dragon fruit and raspberries. You’ve got to try it to believe it. Healthy and flavorful — what’s not to love here?
12. Chocolate, Raspberry and Beetroot Cheesecake
A delicious and beautiful cake! The combination of chocolate, raspberry, and beetroot is irresistible and the result is such a beautiful sight. Enjoy making and eating this Chocolate, Raspberry, and Beetroot Cheesecake by Pamela Higgins!
13. Raw Matcha Raspberry Cheesecake With a Raisin-Walnut Crust
This raw cheesecake has a creamy cashew-vanilla layer, a layer of matcha cheesecake, and a topping of fresh raspberries. It may look fancy — because it is — but it’s so easy to make, that even a dessert beginner can handle it. This Raw Matcha Raspberry Cheesecake With a Raisin-Walnut Crust by Lera Krasovskaya will be a hit at any party!
14. 2-Layer Raspberry Cream Cake
Source: 2-Layer Raspberry Cream Cake
So pretty in pink with a delicious vegan chocolate base and topped with fresh berries, this 2-Layer Raspberry Cream Cake by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezensek screams summer. This pink, fruity, and decadent cake is one that everyone will love and ask for seconds. You could even make a bit extra of this cake and make adorable little cake jars! When the party is over and the cake is gone, you’ll still have leftovers! Genius.
15. Chia Raspberry Cheesecake
Source: Chia Raspberry Cheesecake
This Chia Raspberry Cheesecake by Mitra Shirmohammadi will brighten anyone’s day just by looking at it – and it tastes even better. The rich sticky date crust is topped with a silky smooth cashew cheesecake and then finished with a homemade raspberry chia compote that makes this cake truly special.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.