This easy and delicious cake combines figs and raspberries for extra sweetness and a fruit touch. A vegan-friendly bake using flaxseed in place of eggs, the texture is still very spongey, soft and gooey so is almost like a brownie which is even better!
Chocolate, Fig and Raspberry Cake [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh figs, halved
- Strawberries, halved
- Flaked almonds, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF and grease and line a loose-bottomed cake tin (I used a fluted tart tin).
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then set aside while you mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cacao, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add to the mixture along with the eggs and vanilla and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into the tin and smooth out evenly. Arrange the fruit on top however you like then bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool then pop out of the tin, scatter over flaked almonds and cut into slices. Enjoy!