This easy and delicious cake combines figs and raspberries for extra sweetness and a fruit touch. A vegan-friendly bake using flaxseed in place of eggs, the texture is still very spongey, soft and gooey so is almost like a brownie which is even better!
Chocolate, Fig and Raspberry Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate, Fig and Raspberry Cake [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh figs, halved
- Strawberries, halved
- Flaked almonds, to decorate
How to Prepare Chocolate, Fig and Raspberry Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF and grease and line a loose-bottomed cake tin (I used a fluted tart tin).
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then set aside while you mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cacao, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add to the mixture along with the eggs and vanilla and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into the tin and smooth out evenly. Arrange the fruit on top however you like then bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool then pop out of the tin, scatter over flaked almonds and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.