This vibrant cheesecake will brighten anyone's day just by looking at it – and it tastes even better. The rich sticky date crust is topped with a silky smooth cashew cheesecake and then finished with a homemade raspberry chia compote that makes this cake truly special.
Chia Raspberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chia Raspberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats (rolled or steel-cut)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao or carob powder
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Chia Topping:
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- Fresh raspberries to decorate, as needed
How to Prepare Chia Raspberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend all crust ingredients in a food processor until a sticky, crumbly mixture forms.
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly onto the bottom. Place it in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake topping
- Rinse and drain the cashews and throw them in the food processor or high-speed blender with the rest of ingredients for the cheesecake.
- Blend them until they're smooth and pour this on top of the crust. Place this back into the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Add the raspberries and maple syrup to a small pot over medium-low heat. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes until raspberries are soft. Remove from heat, pour in the chia seeds and stir until it thickens. Let it cool down
- Spread the raspberry chia layer evenly on top and put back into the freezer for 1 more hour
- Decorate with some fresh raspberries
Total Calories: 3552 | Total Carbs: 366 g | Total Fat: 211 g | Total Protein: 91 g | Total Sodium: 255 g | Total Sugar: 202 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.