This raw cheesecake has a creamy cashew-vanilla layer, a layer of matcha cheesecake, and a topping of fresh raspberries. It may look fancy — because it is — but it's so easy to make, that even a dessert beginner can handle it. This cheesecake will be a hit at any party!
Raw Matcha Raspberry Cheesecake With a Raisin-Walnut Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or hazelnuts)
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked in cold water for several hours or overnight
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of natural vanilla powder
For the Matcha Layer:
- 1 teaspoon powdered matcha, divided
For the Topping:
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
To Make the Crust:
- Chop the nuts and raisins in a blender until you get sticky mass. Transfer it to the bottom of a round spring-form pan and smooth out with the reverse side of a tablespoon. Press gently with your fingers to make it stick to the bottom of the form.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- Blend thoroughly all ingredients except for the matcha powder in a blender until smooth. Try. Add more sweetener to taste. We want everything to be incorporated, so blend long enough, about 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the filling onto the crust. Gently tap the spring-form pan on the table in order to smooth the surface.
To Make the Matcha Layer:
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the green matcha powder in the remaining half of the filling. Pulse a few times so that the powder is blended thoroughly into the filling.
- Pour the green stuff over the white one. Smooth the surface.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes in order to harden. If possible, let it stand in the refrigerator overnight.
- When the cake hardens evenly, vies the remaining green powder on the top using a tea strainer.
- Gently swipe a table knife between the side surface of the spring-form and the cake and separate the form.
- Decorate the cheesecake with raspberries, then cut into 4 or 8 pieces and serve.