When you think of sweet potato you usually think sweet meals or fries, but you have to check out these 10 super savory, super filling, super amazing sweet potato recipes. They are delicious and come in a full variety. There are just so many ways to use sweet potato! You will never get bored!
1. Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges [Vegan]
Source: Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Who doesn’t love fries? These Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges are a healthier alternative to classic french fries, but they don’t skimp on flavor. They’re soft on the inside but crispy on the outside, perfectly spicy, and all in all amazing! Stefani Weiss nailed it!
2. Sweet Potato Seitan Burger with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce [Vegan]
This Sweet Potato Seitan Burger with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce recipe by True Foods Blog combines sweet potato and seitan to bring you the ultimate veggie burger, topped with a refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce! You won’t be able to put it down, trust us.
Gratitude: Plant-Based Thanksgiving Cookbook
No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why you need the ultimate Thanksgiving cookbook, One Green Planet’s Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create your own Thanksgiving Tradition! In the cookbook, you’ll find our 100 most popular plant-based Thanksgiving recipes like Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts, Spiced Apple Cake with Cashew Frosting, Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding with Nut Crumble Topping, Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, and hearty entrees like Roast Root Vegetable Stack With Dukkah, Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing, and Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy and so much more!
3. Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnut Sage Sauce [Vegan]
Sage inspired the sauce for this dish – a creamy and satisfying concoction. Coconut milk, walnuts, sage and maple syrup work thoroughly well with shallot, kale and garlic to create this delightful sauce. It’s paired with sweet potato noodles as the ideal companion. This is an indulgent, fall inspired Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnut Sage Sauce from Daniela Modesto you can throw together in 15 minutes!
4. Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos with Kimchi
5. Baked Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts Spring Rolls
Baked vegan spring rolls made with Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Quick and easy lunch recipe is a twist on the traditional Chinese recipe staple. Yes, the added ginger has a strong flavor that compliments the Brussels sprouts dull flavor and tones down the sweetness of sweet potatoes. Together, all three are the perfect company! This Baked Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts Spring Rolls recipe by Rini Desai are awesome!
6. Miso Coriander Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Noodles
7. Sweet Potato “Rice” Casserole
Source: Sweet Potato Casserole
The casserole by itself is a filling and surprising meal. Surprising? Yes! You won’t believe it’s not real rice! The sweet potato rice cooks to a perfect consistency in 40 minutes in the oven and the savory flavors from the vegan mozzarella and pesto pair well with the sweetness that comes from the potato when roasting. The broccoli gives the casserole substance and the pesto adheres and soaks into the florets for a big “bang for your buck” bite. At the end of the day, this Sweet Potato Casserole from Alissandra Maffucci is amazing!
8. Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos with Guacamole
These Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos with Guacamole from Erin Druga are exactly as they sound – stuffed with plantains, sweet potatoes and black beans and topped with a simple guacamole. They’re vegan, gluten-free and an excellent lunch or dinner option!
9. Ethiopian Sweet Potato Burger
Source: Ethiopian Sweet Potato Burgers
These Ethiopian Sweet Potato Burgers from Zsu Dever are something special. They’re made from deliciously spiced patties with the addition of an aioli inspired by nitter kibbeh, also known as Ethiopian butter. If that isn’t enough to make you want to drop everything and make these burgers right now, a spice-infused oil weaves its magic through the burger and right into the sauce. Ginger, garlic, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander, paprika, and cayenne will fill your kitchen with a hypnotic aroma.
10. Sweet Potato Caesar Salad
Source: Sweet Potato Caesar Salad
Caesar salad is one of the simplest salads out there, but that is its strength. In this Sweet Potato Caesar Salad recipe by Florian Nouh, it’s recreated for fall with hearty sweet potatoes, creamy vegan Parmesan dressing, and a sprinkling of cheesy breadcrumbs. It’s filling thanks to the sweet potatoes, full of flavor, satisfying, drool-worthy, and it offers so much more satisfaction than any salad you’ll order in a restaurant. Trust us, you won’t want to go back to old routines if you ever do it homemade.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.