These tacos are exactly as they sound – stuffed with plantains, sweet potatoes and black beans and topped with a simple guacamole. They’re vegan, gluten-free and an excellent lunch or dinner option!
Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos With Guacamole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 gluten-free soft taco shells
- 2 plantains
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped (preferably red, but yellow works too)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Chop sweet potatoes into bite-size pieces and cook in boiling water over stovetop; cook black beans over stovetop in a separate pot.
- Chop plantains vertically and then horizontally into bite-size pieces and cook in a skillet with coconut oil, starting with 2 tablespoons and adding more as needed. Set plantains, beans and potatoes aside.
- Heat tortilla shells up in a skillet and cook on either side for approximately one minute or until slightly browned.
- Add potatoes, beans, and plantains to taco shells.
- For guacamole: combine avocado, chopped onion, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl. Place a spoonful of guacamole atop each taco. Add extra lime juice as needed.