Sage inspired the sauce for this dish - a creamy and satisfying concoction. Coconut milk, walnuts, sage and maple syrup work thoroughly well with shallot, kale and garlic to create this delightful sauce. It's paired with sweet potato noodles as the ideal companion. This is an indulgent, fall inspired dish you can throw together in 15 minutes!
Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnut Sage Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely cut
- 1 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup walnuts plus extra 2 tablespoons
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes spiralized
- Blend coconut milk, sage, maple syrup and 1/3 cup walnuts. Set aside.
- Preheat large frying pan on medium. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next, add kale and cook for 5 minutes until it begins to soften but still retains a crunch.
- Add walnut sage sauce and cook for 1 minute to heat sauce through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sweet potato noodles and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add 2 tablespoons water to create steam and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until sweet potato noodles are soft. You can cook them longer if you want them a bit softer. Add sweet potato noodles to sauce and combine well.
- Serve right away with additional chopped walnuts and if you really love sage, a little extra on top.