Who doesn't love fries? These spicy sweet potato wedges are a healthier alternative to classic french fries, but they don't skimp on flavor. They're soft on the inside but crispy on the outside, perfectly spicy, and all in all amazing!
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges [Vegan]
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice them in thick and even wedges (skin on).
- In a big bowl add the oil, salt and the mix of spices.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss together until all sides are evenly coated.
- Place the wedges onto a baking tray (make sure you arrange them in a single layer).
- Bake the wedges for 40 minutes, until they are golden brown and soft. Flip them over during cooking to make sure that they are evenly cooked.
If you are buying garlic infused oil, make sure that there aren't floating bits of garlic in it. You can also easily make your own garlic infused-oil by frying garlic cloves in oil, when they are golden and soft you need to remove them from the oil and continue cooking your meal.
- Sweet Potato