Sweet potato noodles mingle amongst crispy, sautéed veggies and are tossed in a delicious miso coriander dressing. A flavorful, nutritious, and delicious meal!
Miso Coriander Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 3 garlic cloves (thinly chopped)
- 1 small eggplant (cut into tiny cubes)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 cup sugar-snap peas (or any peas)
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger
- juice of 1 small lime
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon dark miso (or 2 teaspoons lighter miso)
- 4 tablespoons water
- Start by making the stir-fry. In a large saucepan on medium heat, warm the sesame oil and garlic. Then toss in the cubed eggplant and let this cook for about 10 minutes. Add up to 1/4 cup of water to the sautéing eggplant so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Heat a pot of water until boiling and blanch (toss into the boiling water) the spiralized sweet potato noodles, zucchini noodles, and snap peas for 1 minute. If you don’t own a spiralizer, simply use a potato peeler and peel both into thin strips – this will work just as well. Drain the blanched veggies and toss them into the eggplant mixture. Add in the shredded cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and bell peppers too. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- To make the dressing, simply blend all the ingredients into a blender/food processor and pour into the stir-fry. Top with cilantro, green onions, cherry tomatoes, bean sprouts, and enjoy!
Use the veggies you have in your fridge! Substitute as many ingredients as you'd like - just be sure to have the same ingredients for the dressing and the sweet potato -- this makes the recipe.