Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Who says whiskey is only for drinking? Try these truffles with a hint of whiskey.
Whiskey Truffles With Almond Praline [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Whiskey Truffles With Almond Praline [Vegan]
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g unpeeled almonds
- 150ml soy cream
- 250g dark chocolate (dairy-free), chopped
- 1 tbsp Irish whiskey
How to Prepare Whiskey Truffles With Almond Praline [Vegan]
- Put a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray. Place the almonds and sugar in a non-stick saucepan over medium heart and let the sugar caramelise slowly. Do not stir the mixture, but swivel the pan around if you fear the sugar might burn, or lower the heat a tad. When the sugar has caramelised to a beautiful golden brown and covered the almonds, pour the mixture onto the baking parchment and let it cool.
- When it is cool and hard, pulse in the food processor until it becomes the texture of breadcrumbs. Store in a jar until you need it.
- Pour the cream in a saucepan over high heat When it starts to boil, take off the heat and throw in the chocolate pieces, pour in the whiskey, and stir with a wooden spoon until perfectly smooth. Pour into a bowl or shallow pie dish and let it set it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the chocolate into little golf ball-sized truffles (about 20) and sprinkle over the praline. Let it cool again in the fridge and store in a box. Serve with coffee, hot whiskey or your favorite drink.